Lakeshore Core Values
- Community—We are all part of the family of God. We need to work together as that family.
- Radical Hospitality—Like Jesus welcomed the outcast and the stranger, all are welcome here. There is an abundance of God’s love to be shared with all.
- Peace—All of God’s children, young and old, need to find time away from the busyness of everyday life and spend time in the quiet beauty of God’s creation.
- Commitment to Stewardship—both creation and financial resources—We are created to take care of what God has given us. We value this sacred place and will care for it environmentally and by the responsible use of financial resources given to this ministry.
- Respect for Others—All are created in the image of God and we must treat others the way we would treat Jesus and the way Jesus taught us to love one another.
- Growth—personal, spiritual, community—We provide opportunities for growth in personal abilities and also in deepening one’s relationship with Christ. We encourage people to stretch their minds and their physical abilities, trying new things. We provide opportunities for groups to form bonds and community.
- Safety—physical safety and also emotional and spiritual safety—We value our environment that provides physical safety and also provides opportunities for individuals and groups to struggle with emotional and spiritual issues in a safe, non-threatening atmosphere.